The Missing Shadow
If Chopper 5 was a live, real-time composite, then adding proper shadows was not feasible. The shot was composed in such a way that all surfaces requiring shadows were hidden. But evidently a terrible mistake was made.Under the compositing hypothesis, the nose of the airplane image accidentally was allowed to come out the back side of the layer mask, so that it appeared to come out of the back side of the building.
The Gamma Press video clearly shows a very dark shadow across the face of the tower, as does Naudet. Though Gamma and Naudet differ dramatically as to the nature of the exiting object, they agree on the shadow.
No such shadow is present in Chopper 5. Whether it is supposed to be a fuselage, an engine, debris, a dust explosion or anything else, the missing shadow in Chopper 5 is irreconcilable with reality. Shadows do not take a day off.
All the observations in all of these videos are consistent with the following narrative:
- Chopper 5 and Chopper 7 are live composites, strategically composed to be doable in real-time.
- In Chopper 5, the nose of the airplane image accidentally slipped out from under the layer mask.
- Non-live, edited composites were created during the day on 9/11 which showed a metallic, cylindrical object exiting, complete with (more or less) correct shadows, and which agreed (more or less) with Chopper 5.
- It was discovered that there was no exit wound.
- New composites were created that showed a dust cloud instead of any solid object, complete with (more or less) correct shadows.
I am not aware of any other narrative which satisfies these data. Official explanations have been vigorously sought, none have emerged.
Shadow data are perfectly consistent with the compositing hypothesis, and rule out the real plane hypothesis.